The Emperor's First Procession comes to an end October 31, 2011
The end of the season has arrived. The Montreal Botanical Garden is in its final strides before shutting down all but the indoor greenhouses. On Monday October 31st you have until 9PM to take a last look at this year’s, The Magic of Lanterns. The 2011 theme, The Emperor’s first Procession. There’s also a Halloween playground and the pumpkins in the Main Exhibition Greenhouse where you can also enjoy a presentation from Esmeralda the friendly local witch. (Welcome to Esmeralda and Abracadabra’s home) The sun sets early so you have plenty of time to enjoy the last of the Chinese Lanterns for 2011.
Come in early and enjoy the tree house and the exhibit “Fait de Papiers” (Paper Work) also closing on October 31 but a few hours earlier at 6PM.
February 1 to October 31, 2011
It can be pressed, crumpled and recycled. Paper takes shape and comes to life in works of art with surprising shapes and colours. Paper Work… an exhibition and creative workshops sure to enwrapture visitors of all ages at the Tree House.
(in collaboration with Magenta Blues)
- The Magic of Lanterns 2011 in preperations at the Montreal Botanical Garden (trolettiphoto.com)
- The First Emperor’s Procession; The Magic of Lanterns 2011 – Infrared Chinese Lanterns at the Montreal Botanical Garden – 2011 Edition (trolettiphoto.com)
- Feeding on Ornamental Millet at The Montreal Botanical Garden (trolettiphoto.com)
- A Little Facelift for the Leslie Hancock Garden (trolettiphoto.com)
- The Magic of Lanterns (torontonianinmontreal.wordpress.com)
- Sweet Corn Delicacies and the Three Sisters – Nature’s Corn Roast at The Montreal Botanical Garden (trolettiphoto.com)